Dr Gavin Clark
MBBS FRACS (Ortho)
I was born and raised in Perth. I completed my medical degree at UWA and after working in the country and interstate returned to Perth to specialise as an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
I have subspecialised in knee and hip surgery. I continue to enjoy treating sporting injuries with such procedures as knee arthroscopy and ACL reconstruction.
I have always been interested in utilising advanced technology in joint replacement surgery. I have been using computer navigation to perform knee replacement for over ten years. More recently my main interest has become individualisation of knee replacement and this is an area in which I am now pursuing a PhD through the School of Surgery at UWA.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (1995)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Ortho) (2004) POST-GRADUATE
- Fellowship in Joint Arthroplasty and Reconstructive Surgery – Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Melbourne, Victoria 2004
- Fellowship in Knee Surgery – Warringal Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 2005
- AHPRA – general registration
Lower limb Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in – Hip and knee replacements – Sports knee injuries – Arthroscopy of the hip, knee and ankle.
- Fellow Royal Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member Australian Knee Society
- Member Australian Arthroplasty Society
- Member Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association
- International Associate American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active member ISAKOS
- Australian Medical Association
Current Appointments (Public Hospitals)
- Head of Department (Orthopaedics) St John of God Midland.
Private Hospital Visiting Rights
When not working, Gavin enjoys as much family time as possible with the occasional game of golf and tennis.